An Energizing Email From A Friend
This afternoon I received an email from a friend with a PS saying:
Today is R U okay day.
R U okay?
It uplifted me immediately?
How often do we ask someone that question – Are You Okay? What does it mean when we do?
To me, it means somebody cares. Somebody – a special friend perhaps, is really interested in how I am, and whether I am surviving.
I was having a little downer at the time I received this email.
Yes, even me, with all my strategies to energize myself can be allowed to have a little downer now and then.
At the time I received it, I was actually looking at options to get my energy and enthusiasm back –
- Considering my next steps with my internet business
- Scanning the internet for good movies to go to and rejecting that option
- Thinking about yet another cup of tea or coffee and a treat – but I am off sugar at the moment.
- Maybe I would have a ‘power nap’ but I knew I would feel worse if I did that.
- Go for a walk maybe – always good to get out in the fresh air and beautiful sunlight of a day like today. But I didn’t feel motivated
It was my birthday yesterday and I’d had such a lovely day – coffee with one friend (she treated me) lunch with more friends, a call from my son and grandchildren, and an impromptu party after my Toastmasters Meeting. Cards, wishes, and even a cheeky little monkey on my mobile phone singing Happy Birthday to me. I felt so happy and energized.
But the anti-climax set in this afternoon.
Then I received this little gem – the PS that seemed to tap into my mood by asking the question: ‘R U Okay’ ?
What an energy shift, as I answered – Yes, Yes, Yes. Of course I’m okay.
Across cyberspace, into my email had dropped the message that meant someone – my friend – was thinking about me.
So I encourage you to pass it on. Send to your friends and family this little PS, just as I am about to do. You may energize someone, just as I was energized, and maybe even ‘Make Their Day’.
Let’s make every day ‘R U Okay Day’.
A Question For You
How many friends will you ask ‘R U Okay’ of this week? Just click on ‘Leave a Comment’ below and let me know.
Live With Energy