Would You Like To Feel Young While Growing Older – Live With Energy Every Day?
‘Some people see through the eyes of the old
Before they ever get a look at the young’.
These are words from the song by Billy Joel – ‘An Innocent Man’ and they are so true.
Do you know people of over 90 who have youthful energy, zest for life and interest in others?
Do you know people who never get to experience being young because they are old before their years?
A few years ago, National Seniors Week here in Australia had the slogan Aging, we’re all doing it’.
Our bodies begin to age from the moment we are born – at first the cells are maturing, and then later they start deteriorating.
But are we the same as our bodies?
Do we need to have our minds and spirits reflect the way our bodies are?
The survey I did on the internet revealed that I would live to 93. But it was really gauging my physical form – not the energized me, although it did take into account some mental and emotional issues as well.
For instance, it contained a list of stress factors that can contribute to dying young. What this is saying really, is that stress ages us prematurely. I have listed the stress factors in the test below, but please don’t read through the entire list if it de-energizes you. Sometimes just thinking about stressful things can drain our energy. More about that later!
The Stress List
- Crime or victim-related
- Illness or death of a family member or loved one
- A loved one currently in harm`s way (e.g. war, fighting crime etc)
- Death or illness of a pet
- Marital Stress
- Community or global social concerns (e.g. poverty, war, environment, religion etc)
- Feeling underpaid/undervalued
- Getting laid off or fired from a job
- Legal troubles
- New Responsibilities (baby, job-related, caring for someone etc)
- Health problems
- Living conditions
- Regular conflict(s) with family or others (e.g colleagues, neighbors)
- Running late
- Traffic jams
- Financial insecurity
- Hormonal fluxes
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Excessive worrying (what if I have a car accident and die, what if my house burns down, what if my daughter fails school)
- Other sources that we missed but you find significant
The list of possible stress factors is so long that they had to add a category for other sources they had not thought of.(To Take the Test, visit http://calculator.livingto100.com/calculator )
This leads me to my first tip for Feeling Younger While Growing Older is:
Eliminate Stress in your life
‘Easier said than done!’ I hear you say.
Over the next posts I will be giving you some valuable and workable strategies for eliminating stress to help you feel younger while growing older.
Live With Energy
For more, visit http://www.theenergybook.com