What Can We Learn From Alice in Wonderland?
What can you learn from Alice in Wonderland – what energizing qualities does she have that inspire. These are my thoughts. I would love to hear yours …
- Good manners and courtesy
- Lovely voice
- Joy and pleasure in the moment
- Excitement at something new and wondrous
- Energy and enthusiasm
- Focus on her goal (pursuing the White Rabbit)
- Sense of humour – easy laughter at something amusing, but at the same time
- Consideration for someone else’s feelings
- Ability to instantly put hurts and insults behind her and address the matter at hand
- Forthrightness – not letting herself be walked over
- Ability to recognise when she should stand her ground ,and when she should retreat
- Belief in life as ‘A Wonderland’ and belief that one can create one’s own world.
These were a few thoughts that came to me when I was watching the video of one of my favourite stories of all time – Lewis Carroll’s famous ‘Alice in Wonderland’. Who is your favourite character and what have you learned from him or her? Visit my webpage http://joansmallpoetryandbooks.com/joanHarcourt-Turner_Fiction.html to read about my YA Fantasy fiction novels with a similarity to ‘Alice in Wonderland’ and ‘Alice Through the Looking Glass’. Live with Energy, Joan